Tuesday, June 7, 2011

movies we've been watching


So Lance and I watch a lot of movies. Well, relatively. We have some friends who watch at least a movie a day, usually more, so not compared to them. Anyway, here are a few we've seen lately and enjoyed. I actually really like "Tron." It was cheesy in the expected way, but quite entertaining. And different, we liked the whole "grid" aspect. But I wish the dad could have came back to real life instead of dying (like how Harry Potter killed Voldemort and he still lived!!)

The reason I am even doing this post is because we saw "The King's Speech" last night and I loved it. Lance gave it a B!! Which is a really high grade for him (when it comes to movies) but I was so surprised, it was definitely an A. The only A Lance has ever given is the movie below:) Anyway, I cried during several parts of it. I don't know what it was about it, but it seemed so raw to me. The emotions were so .. there .. without it being dramatic or forced. And it's based on a true story. It was almost painful to watch. But very rewarding, I'd suggest it to anyone. Plus, did you know though it was rated R (so it would get all sorts of awards) but then in select theaters they edited and changed it to be rated PG-13 so the rest of the world would watch it? I read about it in the paper, since I read newspapers and all. It does cuss in a few parts which is really annoying, and that's probably what they edited out to change it from R to PG13, though. So I wouldn't suggest it for your kids.

Lance's only A movie! We've seen it twice in the theaters, and Lance keeps asking me if we can buy it, which is a first for him! He never wants to buy ANYTHING! "True Grit" was delightfully surprising and funny. I soo didn't expect it to be funny, and it so was. Love Jeff Bridges in this character. Lance says he loved it so much because Bridges reminded him of my Dad! Especially the mumbling! And talking and telling stories even though no one is really paying attention:) And the dry humor. Anyway, we liked it. It was nice because if feels like all movies are the same these days (like when "Inception" came out, did you feel like a lot of other "inceptions" came out? Like "The Adjustment Bureau"?) so a Western was cool since we don't see westerns often!

Anyone seen any good movies lately? I haven't seen a good chick flick in AGES.

No comments:

Post a Comment